Friday, October 3, 2008

when i grow up

when miggy was about 5, we had this "when i grow up" talk ...

me: when you grow up, do you want to be a programmer like mama and papa?

miggy: of course not!

me: why?

miggy: because it's so boring. all you do is use the computer and stay in the office all day long ... (proudly) i'm going to be a bus driver!!!

about a few months later, we had the same talk ...

miggy was telling me about what he wants to be when he grows up ...

miggy: mama, when I grow up, I'm going to be a soldier.

me: ok.

miggy: but i could be shot by a bullet! oh no, i don't want to be a soldier now.

me: so, what do you want to be?

miggy: i know, i'll be a pilot! i'm going to fly planes.

me: ok.

miggy: but wait ... what if the airplane crashes?!?!?! oh no, i don't want to be a pilot too...

me: so, now, what will you be when you grow up?

miggy: i know, i'll be a bus driver!

me: ok.

miggy: oh, but what if the bus has an accident!?!?! oh, now, i don't want to be a bus driver ...

me: so, now what?

miggy: oh, alright ... (very sad and pouting) i'll just be a programmer ...

hahahaha
.

No comments: